Monday, September 5, 2011

Public Spankings in Pakistan


Here is a strange thing: a few weeks ago I posted a fantasy about police in Texas giving public spankings to men. It turns out that in reality, Police in Pakistan do give public spankings to adult men--this youtube video shows several young men, some of them quite handsome, getting paddled with a broad, heavy leather strap. What's difficult is while I found my fantasy about this quite hot, the reality is more questionable.

Really spanking unwilling men is kind of mean. While to me, this doesn't fall into the same category as actual torture, and I suppose they have done something that merits punishment, I'm not sure how I feel about this. The punishment does look quite moderate and not brutal, but then again we don't know how long it went on since the guy's phone apparently ran out of memory. The paddle looks pretty fearsome. I've heard a report of leather paddles being used by courts in Afghanistan as well--anyone know about this?

The comments give little clue as to what's going on. Are they thieves or something? Does anyone know what this says? I'm guessing it's Urdu but Google translate can't do anything with it:

Sahih, aisa hee hona chahye, laikin qanoon sab kay liyay aik sa hay, police walay khood sab say baray choor hain, aur jin loogon nay NRO kay tahat ma,afi hisil kee aur baray baray maldar loog aur jageer dar, jo ghariboon par zulm kartay hain.
Inn sab ko supreme court kay samnay lita kar chittar marnay chahyan.


What do you think about this kind of punishment? Should we keep our fantasies and our reality separate?

4 comments:

  1. I know I'm in no position to be objective about this subject, but if I had to choose between a public spanking and spending time in a Texas prison, I'd take the spanking. What we do over here in the Land of the Free to the souls of grown men is far worse than what the Pakistani police are doing to the backsides of these offenders. This video lasted less than three minutes. Compare that to spending months or years behind bars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, Tawser. A few licks, some counseling, a face to face talk with any victims (& their families) and a little community service would do most offenders (of any age) more good than becoming an asset to the prison industry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guys.
    No, I can`t agree that public spankings like this should ever take place. I love to be spanked and besides of less prudishness regarding the whole issue of adult spankings, I would like to speak up for the re-introduction of legal or judicial spankings. But public spankings? Not really - I find it too demeaning for the offender, to be the object of what would simply become a circus for the people, at the cost of a heavy damage to his dignity and self-respect.
    In my view, judicial spankings should in any case not take place in "private" conditions but in the presence of a number of police and judiciary officers, to serve as witnesses but also because doubtless the punishment, to be effective, should be hard and humilliating for the offender. And for modesty reasons, since the spankee would be naked (adult men should a l w a y s be spanked naked, remember) all officers present should be men (well, once in a while the usual conventions of society regarding nudity and gender should have an outcome that pleases us gay men).
    So the point I`m trying to make is: judicial spankings under well-defined rules - definitely YES! PLEASE let´s have that law approved tomorrow! But being tied nude to a pole in the center of a public square to be flogged, spanked and whipped for several hours, to the amusement of masses of onlookers, knowing that this punishment will be repeated at least once a week for the next years - this scene, with its many delectable details and variations, to me belongs in the category: VERY HOT fantasies.

    Mario Rabal
    elzegri66@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree totally Mario, if we were to have judicial spanking it should be semi-private and single sex. Certainly not some kind of public entertainment and definitely not people of the opposite sex involved. I do think ultimately the goal should be to improve the offender's self-esteem while making him feel he has repaid his debt, not to degrade him.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts